Construction Engineering Design & Draughting Course
Construction Engineering Design & Draughting (Course endorsed by C & G)
Apply online for this course here!
Engineering Design & Draughting
The Programme has been designed to enable you to reach the following outcomes:
To provide you with more practice involving a broader range of skills appropriate for a person to be able to design, budget , manage and
supervise a team on a project in construction, manufacturing, process industries etc.
LEVEL 1 (1st year)
Successful completion of Matriculation or equivalent.
- 2D software studies AutoCAD N5
- Mechanical Orientation N4
- Building Draughting N5
- Mechanical Draughting N4
- Electrical Draughting N5
- Structural Steel Detailing N5
- Pictorial Draughting N4
- General Draughting
- Piping Draughting
- 3D software studies Inventor
The above comprises as the first year of study
LEVEL2 (2nd year)
Admission requirements: Full pass on level 1
- Engineering Mathematics
- Applied Mechanics
- Construction Methods
- 3D software studies (Revit and Microstation v8i)
- Strength of materials
- Construction Materials (Theory) and (Practical)
- Introduction to Architectural
- 3D software studies with Solidworks & Microstation everything 3D
LEVEL 3 (3rd year)
Admission requirements: Full pass on level 2
- Business Management
- Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Design
- Water Engineering (Theory) and (Practical)
- Engineering Practical 1 (P1)
- Engineering Health and Safety
- Structural Detailing (for steel and timber)
- Transportation Engineering
- Surveying (Theory) and (Practical)
- Engineering Practical 2 (P2)
- Building Project Design
: R17 500 per semester.
R3 000 deposit and 5 monthly installments of R2 900
Books, kits, etc.
City & Guilds certificate – R 500
No textbooks, workshop materials or tools are included.
On successful completion of the full programme, the student will recieve a certificate from the African Academy and from C & G. The cost for
the certificate from C & G is R500
The African Academy is:
City & Guilds is a globally recognized and respected awarding organization and serves as a benchmark for
City and Guilds award certificates to people who have shown they have mastered skills that are based on
excellent standards set by industry. City and Guilds international provides a particular service to customers
around the world who need high-quality assessments and certification.
The content of this brochure, accurate at the time of going to print, is subject to change without notification due to legislation, market
requirements or any other reason. African Academy reserves the right to any change without notice.