COMPETITION SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
This competition will allow the winner to study towards the Multi-Disciplinary Drawing Office Practice (N4/N5) Course.
How to enter:
To enter, an entrant must comment on the bursary competition post and enlist WHY they would love the opportunity to win a bursary to study at AA in 2021. They also need to share the competition post and tag 2 friends.
This competition is conducted by African Academy (the “Promoter”). By entering this competition, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions which will govern the competition. Furthermore, you verify that you are unaware of any reason legally prohibiting you from entering this competition. Any entrant who contravenes these rules may be disqualified from the competition. These rules can only be modified by the Promoter in a written revision posted on African Academy’s Facebook page or any other official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
- This is a digitally run competition. Only entries received online via the Promoter’s official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AfricanAcademyza/) will be accepted.
- Participants may agree to receive future correspondence from the Promoter by email and/or SMS or to opt-out from future promotional communications not related to this competition. Anyone who has opted in can unsubscribe from these communications at any time by contacting the Promoter or following the unsubscribe link or instructions on future communication.
- Entries that are unintelligible, incomplete or copied will be invalid.
- Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission. Entries reflected on the Promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter by 17:00 on 22 November 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
- No person who is a director, employee, tenant, tenant staff member, an agent of or consultant to the Promoter or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, sibling, business partner, or associate to a director, employee, tenant, tenant staff member or agent of or consultant to the Promoter is eligible to participate or enter this competition.
- This competition is only open to legal residents of the Republic of South Africa aged seventeen years or over, and who is currently in matric (grade 12) in an accredited secondary education institution.
- This competition will run from 4 November to 22 November 2020. The winner will be contacted telephonically.
- The winner will be required to present a valid identity document or driver’s license upon receipt of the prize.
- One winner will be randomly drawn within 3 days of the competition concluding. If the winner cannot be contacted within 3 days after the draw, does not return messages within that time period or chooses to decline the prize, then their prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
- The prize is not transferable or negotiable and is not redeemable for cash.
- The prize is 1-year Multi-Disciplinary Drawing Office Practice (N4/N5) Course from African Academy.
- In addition to the minimum entry requirements below, the winner will be required to take a potential battery Index (PBI) test in order to ascertain whether or not the potential learner has the aptitude for a career in computer-aided drawing and draughting. Should the winner not achieve the required result in the PBI test, then their prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
- The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions not mentioned hereunder but in accordance with relevant South African legislation and the terms and conditions provided by African Academy. The course will be one that commences in the 1st semester of the 2021 education year. The Promoters reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the original prize becomes unavailable for any unforeseen reason.
Minimum entry requirements:
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of language.
- We recommend Mathematics, Physical Science and Technical Drawing at Matric level or equivalent.
However, should you not have these, we have bridging courses for these subjects to equip you to succeed in this filed. These bridging courses are 3 months in duration.
This competition is only available to learners from a previously disadvantaged background, able to prove their financial status.
The financial need of a student is determined via a means assessment that takes the following into consideration:
- Gross family income
- Net value of assets
- Number of dependents
Only learners with a total pre-tax family income of less than R84,000 per year will qualify.
- Participants in this competition hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless the Promoters and their successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders from and against any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, liability for harm, injury or death, demands, expenses or any costs howsoever arising out of their participation in this competition or their use of the prize.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
- Participants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, the Promoter must collect and use personal information about participants.