Architectural Technology Diploma
Enroll online for this courses here!
National Diploma: Architectural Technology (NQF 6) SAQA ID: 48733
Full time or Part Time:
This course will be offered either on a full time or part time basis depending on the demand at commencement of the course.
Full Time NQF 6 1st year: Tuesday & Friday 09:00 – 13:00
Part Time NQF 6 2nd Year: Friday evenings 17:00 – 20:00 and Saturday 09:00 – 13:00
Provide the learner with the academic knowledge, skills and competencies required to practice in the Built Environment as a “candidate Architectural Technologist”. After a period of supervised practical experience and / or other requirements as specified by the professional registration body, (SACAP) a candidate may be illegible to be registered as an “Architectural Technologist”.
NQF5 Certificate in Architectural Technology
Access to this qualification is open, bearing in mind learning assumed, to be in place.
- Verbal and written communication (II&III)
- Entrepreneurship (II&III)
- Graphic communication (II&III)
- Design theory / history (II&III)
- Architectural design (II&III)
- Architectural technology (II&III)
- Construction Theory (II&III)
- Studio work (II&III)
- Advanced architectural draughtsman ship (I&II)
- Relevant laws and contracts (I&II)
- National building regulations (I&II)
- Architectural modelling (I&II)
- Estimating & pricing (I&II)
- Land surveying (I&II)
- Internship / Cooperative learning (I&II)
Two years (240 credits)
All class based credits are achieved via your study duration at the African Academic , self-study, reading, researching and project based assignments. 240 hours of workplace/in-service training is required to be done by the student in order to complete the course & acquired certification. This in-service training must be secured by the student. The African Academy takes no responsibility for this.
(R32 000 per year)
R3 000 deposit and the balance in 10 equal installments.
(books, kits, etc.)
- Architectural Technologist
- Interior Designer
- Senior Architectural Technologist
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a CETA accredited certificate.
The content of this brochure, accurate at the time of going to print, is subject to change without notification due to legislation, market requirements or any other
reason. African Academy reserves the right to any change without notice.