Architectural Technology Diploma
Enroll online for this courses here!
National Diploma: Architectural Technology (NQF 6)
Provide the learner with the academic knowledge, skills and competencies required to practice in the Built Environment as a “candidate Architectural Technologist”. After a period of supervised practical experience and / or other requirements as specified by the professional registration body, (SACAP) a candidate may be illegible to be registered as an “Architectural Technologist”.
NQF5 Certificate in Architectural Technology or be registered as a “candidate Architectural Draughts person”
Access to this qualification is open, bearing in mind learning assumed, to be in place.
- Verbal and written communication (II&III)
- Entrepreneurship (II&III)
- Graphic communication (II&III)
- Design theory / history (II&III)
- Architectural design (II&III)
- Architectural technology (II&III)
- Construction Theory (II&III)
- Studio work (II&III)
- Advanced architectural draughtsman ship (I&II)
- Relevant laws and contracts (I&II)
- National building regulations (I&II)
- Architectural modelling (I&II)
- Estimating & pricing (I&II)
- Land surveying (I&II)
- Internship / Cooperative learning (I&II)
Two years (240 credits)
4 Saturdays a month
(R29 000 per year)
R3 000 deposit and the balance in 10 equal installments.
(books, kits, etc.)
City & Guilds certificate and textbooks
- Architectural Technologist
- Interior Designer
- Senior Architectural Technologist
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a CETA accredited certificate and City and Guilds endorsed African Academy Certificate.
City & Guilds is a globally recognized and respected awarding organization and serves as a benchmark for educational quality.
The African Academy is:
City and Guilds award certificates to people who have shown they have mastered skills that are based on excellent standards set by industry. City and Guilds international provides a particular service to customers around the world who need high-quality assessments and certification.
The content of this brochure, accurate at the time of going to print, is subject to change without notification due to legislation, market requirements or any other
reason. African Academy reserves the right to any change without notice.